Information Security Officer
Leal Group is seeking an experienced and highly skilled Information Security Officer. This senior role requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in the Cyber Security field. The successful candidate will be responsible for devising a comprehensive Cyber Security Strategy for our group of companies, ensuring compliance with GDPR, DPA, and other ICT Laws of Mauritius while optimizing the user experience.
8/31/2023 12:00:00 AM
- Develop, implement, and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of a corporate-wide information security management program to ensure that information assets are adequately protected.
- Incorporate Security and Privacy by design into the earliest phase of planning and implementation of projects.
- Validate the proper implementation of security and Privacy prior to release of projects.
- Identify, evaluate, and report on information security risks in a manner that meets compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of an education and training program on information security and privacy matters for employees and other authorized users.
- Represent the company on issues related to information security, including working with external auditors, regulatory bodies, and vendors.
- Oversee incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary.
- Ensure compliance to GDPR, DPA, and other ICT Laws of Mauritius.
- Ensure high level of security without causing a discomfort in the user experience.
- Conduct IT audits and present reports to the board in non-technical terms.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Cyber Security field.
- Certification in CISM, CEH, or CISSP is highly preferred; having all certifications is a plus.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Proficient in both English and French, both written and spoken.
- Strong understanding of information security concepts, protocols, industry best practices, and strategies.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines.
- Strong knowledge of GDPR, DPA, and other ICT Laws of Mauritius.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to explain complex security issues in simple, understandable terms.